Chainsaw Problem

Old 12-26-09, 02:19 PM
Exclamation Chainsaw Problem

i cant firgure out whats wrong. the oiler isnt pumping out oil is my guess. i know the spot the oil comes out of is not clogged, first i ran wire through then i blew air in it with compressed air can, and oil started to goop out. i thought the problem was fixed, but after i put it back together and tried it out, the bar was still not getting oiled. i called sears and it would be gone for like 2 weeks, but i need it this week. any help is welcome and appreciated. thank you:helpme 2:

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-09, 02:31 PM
no oil

Need to know saw brand and model# Is it a homelite?

Old 12-26-09, 03:25 PM
Take the blade and chain off and run the saw to see if you have oil pumping from the oiler.

If nothing, drain all the chain oil out and flush the oil tank with gas/oil, then, right away put in a light weight motor oil and see if it will pump that. If you get oil, put chain oil back in it and see if it's working with the bar off.

Old 12-26-09, 04:15 PM
thanks for the replies, its a craftsman 16"/38cc, model#358351700, and i will try that gas/oil thing
i will repost with results, thank you

Old 12-26-09, 04:49 PM
i tried that out, got gas in my eye while doing so, but it still isnt pumping it out. if it is the pump im going to try to return it