Pressure Washer has zero pressure, help!

Old 12-26-09, 05:26 PM
Pressure Washer has zero pressure, help!

I have a Briggs & Stratten Speed Clean pressure washer, 2 gpm, 2000psi, which I've used very little, but has always worked fine when I needed it. I have used it in the Winter before, with a five-gallon bucket of water and a hose for the water supply, no problem. This last time, though, I forgot to depress the trigger before starting it, as instructed, and it would not pump any water. I took the hose off, and still no water. Is it possible that failing to depress the trigger before starting ruined something? I took the manifold off so I could check out the unloader valve, but couldn't get it apart or figure it out. I was able to determine, by putting fingers over two of the holes in the manifold and blowing into the other hole, that the unloader valve is stuck open, but I can't figure out how the unloader valve comes apart. I don't want to break it. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-09, 11:49 AM
What is the model number of the pressure washer?

Old 12-27-09, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Airman View Post
What is the model number of the pressure washer?
It's model #020211.
I played around with it a little again today, figured out how to remove the unloader valve, and found no blockage or debris. The ball moves freely. I took the manifold off again and tried blowing in while blocking the other openings, and the only one I can't get air to come out of is the high pressure hose tube. I don't know, it might take a lot more pressure to get air to come out there. there's a white plastic long cone-shaped piece in there that doesn't seem to come out.

Search this Thread