Snowthrower

Old 12-29-09, 05:14 PM
Snowthrower

Thrower ran well all winter but all of a sudden it started to idle fast and slow. When it is engaged in throwing snow, it has no problem but as soon as snow is cleared out of the auger the idle starts to fluctuate. My son used left over gas from this summer cause he had run out of new gas, it is possible that the gas is doing this and if so what should I do to correct the problem? I emptied the gas tank and put in fresh gas but still doing the same, snowthrower is about three years old. Any suggestions and hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-09, 07:30 PM
Sounds like there was some dirt in the gas. And the carb needs to be cleaned. Please post the model number of the snowblower along with the make and engine numbers.

Old 12-29-09, 07:49 PM
I had the same problem this year. I removed the bottom screw from the carburator float and cleaned it very well with compressed air and a small wire. I then removed as much fuel from the system as I could, and replaced it with fresh gas. Finally, add about an ounce of SeaFoam to the fuel and let the engine idle for 10 minutes. The seafoam will help clean the gunk in the carbuator. After some fine tuning on the adjustement screw (that was removed for cleaning), my snowblower is working just like new. (It is 15 years old).

Hope this helps.