Trouble with Pressure Washer

Old 01-03-10, 06:24 AM
Trouble with Pressure Washer

New to the forum, and have a question. I have a Devilbiss Ex-cell expro 2530 ProLine pressure washer, 2500 psi with 3gm that has the 6.5 hp Honda GX200 engine. The serial number is GCAE-1215325 and engine type from what I can tell is QX2X. It had belonged to my father and had set up for long periods between usage. The first thing I did was drain all the old fuel out and replaced plug, connect water hose, pressure hose and handle and refilled with gas, checked all the oil levels and pulled the starter rope and fired off right away. It would run fine until I pulled the trigger on the handle and it would die out. Restart and same thing happens. Yesterday I removed the carburetor and used carburetor cleaner and let it soak for several minutes, blew out with compressed air and still does the same thing. It has the oil safety shutoff, but the oil levels are good. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Archie

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-10, 05:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you put it on half choke and get it to pump? Does it begin to spray water harder when you pull the trigger for a moment just as the engine dies?

Old 01-04-10, 03:45 AM
If I am holding the trigger in the spray position when I start engine it sprays full force, and continues to until trigger is released. The minute I release trigger the engine continues to run, then will stop when trigger is pulled again. I have not removed the pilot screw because if I read right it will damage it. Not sure where to pick one up locally. But I sprayed Carburetor Cleaner in the pilot screw jet and it looked like it got plenty of cleaner thru. Not really sure how the head on the pilot screw is supposed to be positioned, up, middle, down? In closing when running, it sometimes backfires thru the muffler.

Old 01-04-10, 10:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not sure what pilot screw you are referring to. What about putting it on half choke?