tecumseh hm80-no [email protected]##$#[email protected]

Old 01-03-10, 12:49 PM

I bought this snowflite with an HM80 tecumseh,It ran perfect when I gave the old guy his cash--2 primes pull the choke and she ran great.Since I got It home Ive been starting it every few days,and it would start right up..Now heres what happened. I got a cover that I thought was waterproof,Its not at all.It got wet,then the temp went to -15,I tried to start it but nothing-no spark,got new plug still nogo.pulled the flywheel,key is good,but the only 2 magnets on it were loose.So I cleaned it and epoxyed the magnets back on.pulled the cover for the points,and it was full of water! so I put new points and condensor in it, set the gap at .20 and no spark.I have made sure none of the wires are grounding out and not hitting the flywheel.do I need to set the air gap,what gives with this thing-help me please!! tks bobby

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-10, 04:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Use an ohmmeter across the points and rotate the engine. Does the ohmmeter alternate from open to closed circuit as the engine turns?

Old 01-03-10, 07:58 PM
Hope you're not blaming the person you bought it from, the link below will give instruction on checking the ignition, disguard the Outboard reference. Have a good one. Geo

http://assets.fluke.com/appnotes/ele...r/B0271b_u.pdf