Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help with my Tecumseh 5 Horse

01-05-10, 01:38 AM   #1  
Help with my Tecumseh 5 Horse

Hi I have a 5hp Tecumseh with a model number of 0HH50. I am trying to change the timing of the valves by altering the crank shaft, but i can't take of the crank case. I have removed all the bolts, i have levered it with screw drivers but it won't come off. Can someone please help me??? Maybe a detailed diagram would help to?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-06-10, 01:05 AM   #2  
Once the crankcase bolts are removed, the cover should pop off. I don't know of anything that would stop it other than just being stuck. Why are you wanting to alter cam timing? How do you plan to do it?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

01-06-10, 04:00 AM   #3  
thanks cheese

im going to modify the cam shaft so i can run the engine on steam or air. Thanks

Group Moderator

NC

01-06-10, 04:31 AM   #4  
I've had cases stick together pretty hard. After all the bolts are removed I go around the seam with a plastic faced hammer tapping my way all the way around, and keep going hitting a bit harder each time around. If I get to a point where I am hitting pretty hard and the case still has not popped open I will drive a putty knife into the gasket at the seam being carefull not to scratch the faces of the case.

Search this Thread