Help with my Tecumseh 5 Horse

Old 01-05-10, 01:38 AM
Exclamation Help with my Tecumseh 5 Horse

Hi I have a 5hp Tecumseh with a model number of 0HH50. I am trying to change the timing of the valves by altering the crank shaft, but i can't take of the crank case. I have removed all the bolts, i have levered it with screw drivers but it won't come off. Can someone please help me??? Maybe a detailed diagram would help to?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-10, 01:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Once the crankcase bolts are removed, the cover should pop off. I don't know of anything that would stop it other than just being stuck. Why are you wanting to alter cam timing? How do you plan to do it?

Old 01-06-10, 04:00 AM
thanks cheese

im going to modify the cam shaft so i can run the engine on steam or air. Thanks

Old 01-06-10, 04:31 AM
Group Moderator
I've had cases stick together pretty hard. After all the bolts are removed I go around the seam with a plastic faced hammer tapping my way all the way around, and keep going hitting a bit harder each time around. If I get to a point where I am hitting pretty hard and the case still has not popped open I will drive a putty knife into the gasket at the seam being carefull not to scratch the faces of the case.