toro snowblower belt keeps comming off

Old 01-07-10, 10:42 AM
toro snowblower belt keeps comming off

i have a toro ccr 1000, the belt keeps comming off so i put a new one on. it worked for a while then the paddle quit spinning. the belt keeps comming off.. i replaced the belt and it is still comming off. i adjusted the tensioner on the handle.. i checked the tensioner bolts and there tight but it does have some slop. any ideals?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-10, 05:04 AM
Check for a misaligned,or broken pulley

Old 01-08-10, 06:36 AM
According to Newton's laws, and my experience, belts like to travel in straight lines or at least all in the same plane. For a belt to continually pop off, a pulley is either out of allignment, or cocked at an angle, or has a bad bearing and wobbles, or the belt itself is damaged and has a "kink" in it causing it not to track straight.

Old 01-08-10, 01:09 PM
the pulleys other than the tensioner seem to be in line i checked with string. the only this i can see mabee not right is the tensioner dosent fully release the coils dont colapse all the way to where the touch each other like the spring is weak. what bearings do you speak of?

Old 01-08-10, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by jjjustin17 View Post
the pulleys other than the tensioner seem to be in line i checked with string. the only this i can see mabee not right is the tensioner dosent fully release the coils dont colapse all the way to where the touch each other like the spring is weak. what bearings do you speak of?
That would be the pulley bearings

Old 01-13-10, 01:03 PM
im pretty sure whats happening is the tensioner spring is weak and not alowing it to fully return and put that prong into the belt to stop it. then the belt spins and has no tension and it throws it off. i got a tighter spring but it was to tight and wouldnt allowe me to tension the belt enought to get the paddles to spin.

Old 01-13-10, 01:27 PM
The part number for the spring is 71-5470. Belt number is 71-5380.