Small Engines

Old 04-16-00, 12:41 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a rear-bagging Honda gas mower. I would like to convert it to a mulching mower. Does anyone know what I would need to do this? Does it only involve "plugging" the clippings exhaust port (the channel that leads to the detachable bag) and replacing the existing blade with a double blade? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-16-00, 06:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi:ytwater

Most mowers will do a good job as a mulcher. While others won't. A lot has to do with the design of the deck.

Look closely at the deck design differences between regular mowers, convertible mowers and straight mulcher mowers to see the deck shapes.

What you mentioned in your posting is correct. Honda is a design all of it's own, therefore, check with a local Honda mower dealer near you.

Some Honda models only need a single mulching blade while others can run fine with the double blade. Check this with your dealer first.

I would NOT recommend installing just any generic mulching blade on your machine. Nor installing a double blade on every model either.

Again, check with the dealer on which is the recommended blade for your exact model.

A word of caution using a generic mulcher blade on Honda mowers. The incorrect one may cause engine damage.

Good Luck

------------------
Sincerely,
TomBartco
Trade:Natural Gas Energy Consultant & Technician.
Appliance Service & Repairs Rep.
Vocations:Saw & Tool Sharpening. Small Engine Repairs.
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: