Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Electric hedge clipper


pjaffe's Avatar
Member

Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 507
OH

06-16-00, 12:22 PM   #1  
I don't know if this is the proper forum...

I have a Black&Decker HT400 hedge clipper that stopped working. It first lost power (although corded it was similar to using a battery powered tool with old batteries.) I then noticed a burning odor from the motor. I was going to guess the problem is the brushes in the motor but I don't know how to check.

I can get a whole new one from B&D for about $35.

Do I fix it (try to) or replace it? Am I on the right track thinking brushes?

 
Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

06-18-00, 09:05 PM   #2  
Hijaffe

The symptom you discribe with your electric hedger doesn't sound like that of burnt brushes.

If the cost of a new hedger replacement is only $35.00, buy a new one. Then take apart the burned out one and find out what did burn up.

My guess is the A/C to D/C converter electric circuit board overheated.

Which may have happened normally from age or from a lack of air flow do to clogged or restricted air intake vents.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

 
Search this Thread