Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

WEEDEATER JAMMED ON HIGH

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-23-00, 05:20 PM   #1  
I have a YardMan weedeater. I started it today and it is stuck on high. The cable which runs along the shaft seems stuck. Can someone tell me what is wrong?

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-23-00, 08:07 PM   #2  
Hi:Gandela

The answer to your question is in your third sentence. If the cable is stuck, you will need to remove it from the machine and most likely replace it with an exact replacement from the dealer or manufacturer.

The part may be purchased from the local dealer listed in the yeloow pages of your phone book or by calling YardMan directly at the phone number given in the owners manual should you still have it.

Once you have the new replacement, install it exactly as your removed the old one and secure it as found. Once it's installed, the machine will preform like new.

Others may mention that using oil on the wire incased in the steel line, soaking it in oil, tec. will work but I never did have much luck trying those short cuts and tricks.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.
Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread