Homelite Blower won't stay running

Old 08-04-00, 09:49 PM
Visiting Guest
After getting my gas blower started when I squeeze the gas trigger to full the engine chokes down and cuts off. Also the lever that controls the choke,start and run positions doesn't seem to click into the 3 positions very crisply like when it was new.Can these be tuned up and is it cost effective to repair since a new one costs $89?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-00, 02:14 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Pull the choke lever off and see if it is stripped.This lever is all plastic and I have seen many strip leaving you with a full choke or no choke.

Old 08-05-00, 01:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi:zecarioca

Before you pull any choke lever off, verify that the air filter is clean. Next, while the filter is removed, verify that the choke lever does in fact open and close with the lever and remain open.

Operate the throttle lever and be sure it isn't moving the choke plate also. The choke plate must remain open in the running position when the throttle is opened fully.

In regards to that click feel/sound for the choke lever, try cleaning the area of the moving parts first. Should the lever or any part be stripped, damaged or worn, then replace it.

In the event that none of the suggestions offered here help correct the problem, post back the results of your current findings and further discribe, in more detail, <include brand name, model and age of blower> the problem.

TomBartco
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.