SURGES Deleted

Old 08-30-00, 05:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Please post as to why my request for info about my Snow Thrower Engine Surging was deleted. Walt

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-00, 02:04 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello:waltko

Your subject post was deleted on accident by what I think was a software error. The prior posting on the same date as yours was posted as time only??? I replied to both and both got lost in cyber-space maybe???

I really haven't got a clue as to what happened to either of my reply postings. Rest assured, I did attempt to post some possibilties as to why your 4 cycle snow blower surges when the software error occurred.

Most likely the cause is a fuel restriction in the carb itself or one coming to it. Check for full fuel flow from the gas tank.

Next possibility is sticking governor leakage or throttle linkage. Check these both at both ends. Clean the area with spray automotive clean if needed.

The make and model number should be located on the engine case. Either it's a gummy label or stamped into the steel.

Arien's may have this information located in the starter cover or on it. Use automotive cleaner to clean the area if needed.

Since I am working from what I remember you asked in your orginal posting, if I have missed replying to any question, kindly excuse me and repost the question.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

Old 08-30-00, 03:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Appreciate your reply. I'll look further for the engine nameplate, and, I'll recheck the linkage to the carb and governor, although it appears to work freely when I finger it back and forth.

Puzzled by the fuel restriction possibility. Idle is good and light load does not cause a surge. Only a heavy load causes surging.

Unfortunately I can't make it surge while it is running without a heavy snow load (hopefully that won't be for a long time). Any suggestions on how to recreate an auger load.

I'll look everything over again within the next few days and get back to you.
Walt