Troy bilt tiller

Old 02-05-10, 10:19 AM
Troy bilt tiller

I bought a used pony tiller last weekend, I know I should have listened to it run but for a hundred bucks I took it. When I tried to start it fuel flooded the carb and came out the muffler. I checked for a float to be stuck but its a five horse pulsating carb briggs. I changed the diaphram gasket (old one was torn) and I replaced the gasket at the carb and gas tank. now it is gas starved. I checked the fuel line to the tank and the screen and tube are clear. It will run with starting fluid. Could it be a cracked grommet in the breathing tube? and what is trueing the gastank. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-10, 04:51 PM
Please post the engine model, type and code usually found on the metal shroud just above the spark plug someone will get you going. Have a good one. Geo

Old 02-05-10, 08:53 PM
code,type,model

model 130292
type 3220-01
code 01112007

Old 02-06-10, 04:07 AM
Hi Jaybrd, I posted some questions on your other post, yours is the older carb, very simple

When you replaced the gaskets did you clean the carb?
Is the tank clean?
Also you might want to check the fuel mixture screw to see if it is not turned to far in. Out 3 to 3.5 turns to start from fully closed is a good place usually.
I am not sure the term "trueing the tank" but it might mean making sure where the carb sits on tank should be flat and clean, just a guess.
Does the plug get wet when trying to start? Is the fuel fresh?
I am sure some of the more qualified persons here will post, but to me these are some good things to check.
Good Day

Old 02-06-10, 11:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try choking it with your hand and see if it will start and run. If so, and it doesn't clear up after doing this, the carb needs to be removed and cleaned. Make sure you replaced the fuel pump diaphragm and put the spring and cup in place properly.

Old 02-08-10, 10:37 AM
thank you

Beer 4U2THANK YOU as you advised i pulled the carb gave it a little bath and now she purrs. one problem solved another popped up how can i find a diagram for my tiller mod 1520-s i looked on troy bilt site but it isnt very user friendly