yard machines snow thrower.....auger won't engage

Old 02-10-10, 06:00 PM
yard machines snow thrower.....auger won't engage

i have a yard machines 2 stage snow thower......i had the auger bind-up due to the auger shroud bending and keeping the auger from rotating......unfortunately, i didn't realize the cause until several attempts to clean the impeller / auger etc of ice/slush etc while attempting to engage the auger several times.......after finding the real problem, i straightened the cover, (no more binding), but the auger did not resume turning......shear bolts look fine, cable is ok i think (even pulled it manually to make sure it wasn't stretched).........did i over-stress something with my multiple attempts to engage the auger despite it being jammed?.......could the belts have broken or jumped off the pully?...any gears to strip?....any experience with such a problem?.......any help would be appreciated....thanks, george note: i can freely move the impeller with my hand which turns the auger as well....just can't get it to engage via lever depression

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-10, 08:33 AM
Remove the belt cover & inspect the belts... I suspect you'll find then burned off.. Also watch the linkage move as you work the handle to verify the spring on the end of the cable isn't broken.... Roger