Echo PB-403T dies

Old 02-11-10, 05:53 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Echo PB-403T dies

Hi Everyone,

I soon-to-be father-in-law picked up a PB-403T from the garbage and I'd like to fix it up for him. It is missing a few parts which are on order.

I was able to get it to fire, but it only runs for a second or two and then dies. Compression is good, the plug was black and crusty but fires.

I went through the carb (Zamma brand) and didn't see any obvious problems; I ordered carb a rebuild kit anyway. I soaked the carb in cleaner, blew out all of the passages, etc. I haven't checked the spark arrester yet... that is next on my list - based on my spark plug observations.

My question is, is there anything specific that I should look for in the carb that could be causing this (stuck check balls, tiny passages that have a tendency to get clogged, etc)?

Additionally, he said that someone was monkeying with the adjustments on the carb. What are the factory adjustments on the carb? This carb has little plastic limiter caps (which don't appear to be damaged) so I'm not sure much could have been done to it.

Thanks!!

- Joe

Old 02-11-10, 08:20 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Download the Technical Guide from here:
USA Zama : Service Tips
Pay particular attention to the order of the gaskets and diaphragm install.
Follow the tips on spraying out the passages, especially the idle.
I routinely replace the little plastic tank vent, as well as remove the limiter caps.
Buy a new plug.
Mix 2cycle oil with gas, 40:1.
hope this helps,
thanks,

Old 02-11-10, 08:39 AM
J
Awesome, thanks!

Turns out the spark arrestor was completely clogged so that was probably the problem but I'll go through the carb anyway.

Thanks,

- Joe

Old 07-14-11, 08:03 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is there?..where? can I find a tech manual,step-by-step,on rebuilding an Echo PB 200 blower carb? bobxman1
Any advice much appreciated.

Old 07-15-11, 06:10 AM
J
I believe they use Zama carbs. They have a free tech manual on their web site. See the link posted by GlenM.

- Joe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: