Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Agway snowthrower won't move

02-12-10, 08:31 AM   #1  
Agway snowthrower won't move

I'm the lucky owner of a 24" Agway snowthrower, model E24284010, code 4308.

It is powered by an 8HP Tecumseh, model HMSK80, spec. 155480S, date 4307D, (looks like 1994, day 307)

The engine works fine. The drive train has an issue, as it won't move forward, and the auger barely turns. My uneducated, junior rocket scientist guess is that an idler spring is missing because the main belt is too loose and the pulley seems out of position, (and because I found a broken spring upon opening the lower cover).

Please share your information and advice on a replacement spring. In addition, I would love to have additional information or the manual for the snow thrower. I found the manual for the engine.

Any other words of wisdom on this machine would go a long way towards keeping me from throwing my back out with a shovel.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Fred
Berwyn, PA

Sponsored Links

02-12-10, 11:58 AM   #2  
Similar problem(s) w/Agway Snowthrower

We are having a similar problem with what appears to be the same model. Was working fine and then all of a sudden wouldn't move forward and auger will not turn.

There doesn't appear to be anything jammed or a missing spring but we will now check further into the machine based on your post.

I would also appreciate any feedback on this snowthrower, including where to find a manual. I inherited this machine from my father who purchased in '94, I believe. He had never used it.

Suzanne
Olney, MD

Search this Thread