Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

homelite420 not throttling up

02-14-10, 02:43 PM   #1  
homelite420 not throttling up

my snow thrower has no throttle contol and will not increase rpm's . i thoroughly cleaned and inspected the carburetor (found rust near the float valve)sprayed carb cleaner through all orifices and didnt find any obstructions . after reassembling,it still wont increase rpms,choke on /or off. is there an easy fix to this? or do i have a vacuum leak somewhere causing this condition.

Sponsored Links

IA

02-14-10, 03:36 PM   #2  
Will it throttle up if you move the throttle on the carb manually. If it does the problem is likely in the governor or its linkages.

02-15-10, 07:38 AM   #3  
throttles up manually

Yes it will throttle manualy. whats the procedurefor adjusting the governor correctly ?

02-15-10, 03:24 PM   #4  
i just tinkered with it a little bit and bent the spring tab up a little bit. the tab that attatches the spring to the governor rod. it seems to be operating a little better under a load. i tested it on some wet heavy snow , not exactly what it was intended for. do you have any homelite 420 links that i can check out. my machine is missing the primer bulb(removed by me and capped off because it was dry rotted and leaking fuel)and there seems to be a spot next to the fuel line that is empty and im sure something was there prior to me obtaining this machine. thanx in advance for your help.Beer 4U2

Search this Thread