Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tractor/Bucket separating question

MA

02-23-10, 12:37 PM   #1  
Tractor/Bucket separating question

2006 Ariens Sno-thro ST 724E two stage model # 932046

I had to separate the bucket from the tractor to change a belt
and had a shock when i loosened the two bottom bolts on the tractor the bucket "jumped" off the tractor.
The two bottom bolts are on a hook arrangement that allows the bucket to pop of the tractor if rotated too far.

Appears that one shouldn't separate the two half's too much or the results are what i experienced.

My question is ,how do you prevent the tractor from rotating too far when split?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

NH

02-23-10, 03:47 PM   #2  
Depends on how your shop is laid out. My shop has exposed beams in the ceiling. I have a short cable that I throw ovwer the beam and then use a come-along with adjustable tie-down straps wrapped around the handlebars. I tighten to just take out the slack, then (in your case)loosen the lower bolts, then remove the upper bolts. Then I lower the come-along only as much as needed.
If you don't have that, you can prop up the handle bars with a saw horse and a couple of 2x4's or just wedge a 2x4 under the handlebars.
Idealy an adjustable jack stand that is that high.
Or if you have some good 2x4's, you could make a stand out of them.

MA

02-23-10, 05:10 PM   #3  
Thanks for the reply.

I like the saw horse idea.

Search this Thread