Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ryobi 790r weed trimmer spark screen!

NY

02-23-10, 04:38 PM   #1  
ryobi 790r weed trimmer spark screen!

Good Evening,
Could anyone tell me where the spark arresting screen is on a ryobi 790r weed trimmer?.
According to the diagram if I'm looking at the right one since my number does not show up. It should be seen as soon as I take the muffler off but there is nothing there.
The number off mine is 40A6987 ser. # 004152187 & the date it was built was 2000.
Thank you!
Will,

Sponsored Links

IA

02-23-10, 07:41 PM   #2  
It's probably inside the muffler if it has one. Sometimes the muffler comes apart in halves.

OK

02-24-10, 05:08 AM   #3  
I have a couple of Ryobi's and it looks like that, unlike a lot of 2 cycle mufflers, the muffler can't be easily pulled apart.

I wouldn't worry about it.
thanks,

NY

02-24-10, 05:59 AM   #4  
Posted By: GlenM I have a couple of Ryobi's and it looks like that, unlike a lot of 2 cycle mufflers, the muffler can't be easily pulled apart.

I wouldn't worry about it.
thanks,
Thank you & your right I don't think they are meant to be opened & they sure don't look like they do on the MTD web site which shows it right behined or underneath the muffler & they sell them. It looks like in this case I would have to but a new muffler!. I tried looking in mine & she is all plugged up not sure if I want to put money in this thing!
Thank you for your help.
Will,

Search this Thread