Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Best places to buy online parts for lawnmowers & small engines

WA

02-23-10, 09:41 PM   #1  
Best places to buy online parts for lawnmowers & small engines

Can anyone recommend some really good places to buy parts online?

I have about ten pieces of gas powered yard equipment and I can't find one good online parts place that has a good selection, good prices and inexpensive shipping. Most seem to charge too much for the parts or shipping or don't have a good selection.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

02-24-10, 04:45 AM   #2  
Have you tried these guys:

Lawn Mower Parts and Lawn Tractor Parts Snapper Cub Cadet MTD murray, Carlisle lawn mower tires and More

Ordered a part for my sister's Craftsman lawn mower there yesterday, although I thought the shipping was a little steep for a simple control cable.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

OK

02-24-10, 05:14 AM   #3  
Posted By: the_tow_guy Have you tried these guys:

Lawn Mower Parts and Lawn Tractor Parts Snapper Cub Cadet MTD murray, Carlisle lawn mower tires and More

Ordered a part for my sister's Craftsman lawn mower there yesterday, although I thought the shipping was a little steep for a simple control cable.
I've used this company several times the past coupla months for chainsaw parts, they are way cheaper than others, shipping was reasonable and got 3 day delivery.
thanks,

NH

02-24-10, 05:21 AM   #4  
Jacks Small Engine carries most brands. Has parts look up and also has a DIY section. It can take a week or more to get some parts as they have to order slow moving parts. Shipping is resaonable.

Lawn Mower Parts

FL

02-24-10, 04:40 PM   #5  
I use Jack's Small Engines and Mowparts. I find that parts ordered from Jack's arrive much faster than Mowparts, but Mowparts is slightly cheaper in most cases.

- Joe

WA

02-24-10, 06:32 PM   #6  
tewarehouse.com
This is a place called Tulsa Engine Warehouse. I have not yet made a purchase from them. They don't have a set price for shipping (like others that charge one small fee for your entire order). Their shipping fee goes up-and-up as you add items to your cart, but they do have a decent selection and good search.

I searched for a carburetor overhaul kit (using the manufacturer's part #) and Tulsa offered two options---one was the overpriced brand name and another aftermarket option was half the price. I liked that they showed you the cheaper option which I haven't seen anywhere else. I might use their search function and then go elsewhere (due to their higher shipping costs) to buy the aftermarket items.

petessmallengine.com
Pete's has one set-price for shipping which is good. They miss a lot of business though by not having a search capability on their site as it's really hard to find what you want.

Last edited by fromhollywood; 02-24-10 at 08:27 PM.

Non-US

02-24-10, 07:51 PM   #7  
I just have to ask,, do you not have a local guy you can deal with?? Maybe strike a deal with him?? I give most of my buisness to one local dealer & he bends over backwards for me.. He'll even give me a discount on parts & I don't pay shipping as I buy enough... Get friendly with the local guy, as he can help you out more than the online places,,, Just thoughts,, Roger

MA

02-24-10, 08:08 PM   #8  
I bought few parts through sears, the prices are ok. I always lookup prices on line from different places and then call sears, if they have it in stock I pick it up my self and save on shipping.

WA

03-13-10, 11:42 PM   #9  
I ended up trying Tulsa Engine Warehouse, tewarehouse.com, and they did a good job. Prices were not too high and shipping was reasonable.

Roger, I agree with you that face-to-face with a local parts guy would be better than anonymous online shopping. But, I'm just a little too shy to walk into a small store and get to know the local guy and ask for a deal. I'll give it a try though now that I finally put together a comprehensive list of all the usual parts for the ten small engines I have. My feeling is their prices will be a lot higher than what I found online, but then, I might be surprised.

MA

03-14-10, 08:08 AM   #10  
I agree, now is the time to use the local guy. You are buying for 10 machines and will be taken more seriously. If you buy on line and use him for the fill ins later you will be just another customer. A local resource is priceless. Whatever problem you come across they probably have seen more than once. And if you are a regular customer and you need a specialty tool or a spot weld they most likely will gladly help you with it. Additionally if you get in to a big expense item they may have a used one kicking around.

Search this Thread