ryobi 790r spark screen cleaning

Old 02-24-10, 06:06 AM
ryobi 790r spark screen cleaning

Good morning,
It looks like my ryobi spark arresting screen is in the muffler & there is no way of getting to it all I can see is she is pretty well plugged from want I can see.
Having said that I'm not sure I want to buy a new muffler for it. So is there anyway I can spray something like carb cleaner in her to clean most of it out?
Thank you again for your help.
Will,

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-10, 08:18 AM
It may look cruddy, but may not be plugged up, if you can blow thru it, should be OK.

Experts on this forum, (I'm not one) may have suggestions on how to clean crud from muffler.

What I do, (easier on muffs you can separate) is use the EasyOff yellow can spray to remove carbon.

You might try filling this muffler with as much as you can with this, let it sit for 30 mins, then flush with hot soapy water and either let dry or compressed air dry. make sure it's dry.

Repeating this cycle several times will get a lot of crud out.
hope this helps,
thanks,

Old 02-24-10, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
It may look cruddy, but may not be plugged up, if you can blow thru it, should be OK.

Experts on this forum, (I'm not one) may have suggestions on how to clean crud from muffler.

What I do, (easier on muffs you can separate) is use the EasyOff yellow can spray to remove carbon.

You might try filling this muffler with as much as you can with this, let it sit for 30 mins, then flush with hot soapy water and either let dry or compressed air dry. make sure it's dry.

Repeating this cycle several times will get a lot of crud out.
hope this helps,
thanks,
Hey Glen,
Thank you for that what a GREAT idea!. I have a whole can of that & then found out that my oven was a self cleaning & said not to use it. So now I have a purpose for it I'll try it I really don't care if it work or not as I want to look into new ones but if I can just get this going who knows.
I just bought a new spark plug for her now I have to try to find what to gap it at as like always I loose the owners manual believe it or not the only owners manual I still have is from my 78 Toro snow thrower.
Once again Thank you so very much!
Will,

Old 02-24-10, 11:46 AM
Little engines like this usually have plug gapped to .025.

Search this Thread