Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh carb flooding

NY

02-26-10, 04:06 PM   #1  
Tecumseh carb flooding

I have a Craftsman snow blower with a Tecumseh 5 HP engine on it. Looking up the original manual for this unit I noticed it had a Lausen carburator part number 632107 on it. We had major snow today and I got it running as usual and half way thru it bogged down and stopped running. I noticed fuel dripping from it and took in the garage and had a look. Seems fuel is constantly filling the bowl so i took it apart cleaned the needle and seat and put it back on. A couple of seconds after installing the fuel line fuel starts comming out of the carb from a small hole cast into the side of it. It seems the needle is not seating to stop the fuel from entering the bowl. I dont notice any gasket in the seat. not too familiar with these small carbs. Im more a Holley Double Pumper guy. What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links

AL

02-26-10, 04:28 PM   #2  
Posted By: ck1 I have a Craftsman snow blower with a Tecumseh 5 HP engine on it. Looking up the original manual for this unit I noticed it had a Lausen carburator part number 632107 on it. We had major snow today and I got it running as usual and half way thru it bogged down and stopped running. I noticed fuel dripping from it and took in the garage and had a look. Seems fuel is constantly filling the bowl so i took it apart cleaned the needle and seat and put it back on. A couple of seconds after installing the fuel line fuel starts comming out of the carb from a small hole cast into the side of it. It seems the needle is not seating to stop the fuel from entering the bowl. I dont notice any gasket in the seat. not too familiar with these small carbs. Im more a Holley Double Pumper guy. What am I doing wrong?
I would check the float for pinholes that would allow fuel to enter the float. You can usually tell by shaking.

NY

02-26-10, 04:43 PM   #3  
Float definately has a small amount of fuel in it. Does the needle seat in some sort of gasket to seal or is it just metal to metal seal?

NH

02-26-10, 06:18 PM   #4  
replace the float. as far as the seat, it is a small round almost a foam like material that is just pushed in the hole. Needs to be seated with a punch, just by pushing it in with the punch. Also, the groove side goes in first.

NY

02-26-10, 06:40 PM   #5  
Thanks for the replys Ill try the suggestions tommorrow.

Search this Thread