Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftsman turns over but wont start

03-03-10, 07:21 PM   #1  
craftsman turns over but wont start

have a problem on my lt1000 craftsman tractor mower..changed battery , fuel filter ,spark plugs..unplugged hose from carb and turned over and it spits out fuel . put gas in carb air and it starts then stops after 5 seconds ..spark coming from wires when unplugged .. any suggestions on why its not starting

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-04-10, 01:41 AM   #2  
I removed your post which was tagged onto an unrelated thread and created a thread of it's own.

It would help to know what you have. Without info, we can't really give you any pointers. Craftsman made a lot of different lt1000 mowers with many different engines.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

WA

03-27-10, 04:27 PM   #3  
I'd say the carburetor is plugged up and needs to be cleaned.

Having it fire up when gasoline is added directly, but then quit once that fuel is used up is the classic symptom of a plugged carb.

04-11-10, 10:47 PM   #4  
i have the same problem

how do we clean the carb. properly....I blew air through it but doesn;t start unles gas is put in the carburator

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-12-10, 01:16 AM   #5  
Use carburetor cleaner and take it apart and clean it thoroughly. MAke sure all the tiny passages are clear.

God bless!

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

WA

04-12-10, 09:26 AM   #6  
Goto U tube and do a search for "lawnmower carburetor cleaning" or whatever. There are lots there that will give you some ideas. ---- Not all good ones, though.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-13-10, 12:44 AM   #7  
I don't suggest taking advice from that site. The information there is a jumble of mess and if you don't know how to or not to do something, that is not the place to get educated. If we know what you have, we can give you detailed instructions as to how to properly clean your carburetor.

God bless!

Search this Thread