craftsman turns over but wont start

Old 03-03-10, 07:21 PM
craftsman turns over but wont start

have a problem on my lt1000 craftsman tractor mower..changed battery , fuel filter ,spark plugs..unplugged hose from carb and turned over and it spits out fuel . put gas in carb air and it starts then stops after 5 seconds ..spark coming from wires when unplugged .. any suggestions on why its not starting

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-10, 01:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I removed your post which was tagged onto an unrelated thread and created a thread of it's own.

It would help to know what you have. Without info, we can't really give you any pointers. Craftsman made a lot of different lt1000 mowers with many different engines.

Old 03-27-10, 04:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'd say the carburetor is plugged up and needs to be cleaned.

Having it fire up when gasoline is added directly, but then quit once that fuel is used up is the classic symptom of a plugged carb.

Old 04-11-10, 10:47 PM
i have the same problem

how do we clean the carb. properly....I blew air through it but doesn;t start unles gas is put in the carburator

Old 04-12-10, 01:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Use carburetor cleaner and take it apart and clean it thoroughly. MAke sure all the tiny passages are clear.

Old 04-12-10, 09:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Goto U tube and do a search for "lawnmower carburetor cleaning" or whatever. There are lots there that will give you some ideas. ---- Not all good ones, though.

Old 04-13-10, 12:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't suggest taking advice from that site. The information there is a jumble of mess and if you don't know how to or not to do something, that is not the place to get educated. If we know what you have, we can give you detailed instructions as to how to properly clean your carburetor.