Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mounting snow thrower weight

NY

03-04-10, 03:24 PM   #1  
Mounting snow thrower weight

Good Evening,
I just recieved the front weight for my Toro snow thrower it's originally for an Ariens but will fit mine.
What my question is I read the instructions & it says to mount it under the front housing between the housing & the auger is this how I should mount it?.
I had thought of mounting it on top of the front housing!. Does anyone know if there is a diffrence?.
I have the room I'm just worried about if it ever comes loose it will fall right on the auger & knowing my luck this will happen.
Thank you for your input.
Will,

Sponsored Links

NH

03-04-10, 04:46 PM   #2  
The way they show it mounted in this pic is how I would mout it.

107-3815 @ Snow Blowers Direct - Your Online 107-3815 Superstore!

NY

03-05-10, 10:54 AM   #3  
Posted By: indypower1 The way they show it mounted in this pic is how I would mout it.

107-3815 @ Snow Blowers Direct - Your Online 107-3815 Superstore!
Thank you Indypower1,
I think you are right I have more than enough room I just thought because it was for an Ariens they have that clean out tool mounted on top at least the new ones (I drool over) do dictating the weight to go under.
I have not mounted it yet but I noticed that the nuts are locking & are not about to go anywhere once tightened looks to be a straight forward job.
Thank you for your reply like always!
Will,

Search this Thread