Husqvarna 1130 STE wan't go in reverse

Old 03-09-10, 08:37 AM
Husqvarna 1130 STE wan't go in reverse

Hi.

I have bought a 4 year old Husqvarna snow blower, that wan't go in reverse gears properly.

It's a Model no. 1130STE (9696191001905), PRODUCT NO. 961 91 00-19

All the forward gears are working flawlessly, but when I try to run the reverse gears, the snow blower shakes and it sounds like the reverse gears are not "connecting" properly, and the wheels "shivers/shakes" but there is no reverse drive.

When I use the reverse gears on a 100% flat surface, the reverse gears work ok, but once I use it on non flat surfaces the reverse gears don't work properly.

I have tried to adjust the bar/shifter from the gear handel to where it's connected to the gears on the engine to see if that may helpe, but with no luck.

Any sugestions to wich part to replace or check?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-10, 01:06 PM
First of all check tire pressure. 90% of the snowblowers that come in my shop have 0-3 lbs air in them. They do not look flat. In flate to 15-20 lbs.
Next check all the bolts on the side of the snowblower to make sure they are tight.
Remove the belly pan and take a look. Check the bearingings. sounds like you may have a bad bearing. Check the gears on the shafts. You will have to lift & support the snowblower. Tuen the tires so you can see all sides of the gears. Look closely at the hex shaft gear. I have replaced many of these gears due to them being stripped. It aint easy or cheap.

Old 03-14-10, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by indypower1 View Post
First of all check tire pressure. 90% of the snowblowers that come in my shop have 0-3 lbs air in them. They do not look flat. In flate to 15-20 lbs.
Next check all the bolts on the side of the snowblower to make sure they are tight.
Remove the belly pan and take a look. Check the bearingings. sounds like you may have a bad bearing. Check the gears on the shafts. You will have to lift & support the snowblower. Tuen the tires so you can see all sides of the gears. Look closely at the hex shaft gear. I have replaced many of these gears due to them being stripped. It aint easy or cheap.
Thanks for the advice. I took the time to remove all the gears, and worked my way through the transmission/drive system. I found that one of the bearing flanges had been split in 2, resulting in the drive shaft moving up and down while useing the forward and reverse gears. The hex gear was pretty beaten up, so I decided to replace it.

The total cost for spare parts was 16,94 USD, so it was a cheap fix And the gear/drive system was far easier than I had expected, a few hours of work and the snow blower will be back to it's former glory. Thanks again for your advice Indypower1 Beer 4U2!