C1Q Carb problems

Old 03-13-10, 09:29 AM
Unhappy C1Q Carb problems

Hi to all from a hot Mozambique,
I have a Echo srm 3400 trimmer with C1Q carb which was going well when it suddenly stopped, put the problem down to fuel, the primer rubber on the top of the carb wont fill, have replace all the gaskets and diaphram, but still nothing, when trying to prime it stays empty and sounds if it is sucking air, have checked needle & Seat, strainer etc, could it be the primer assembly (or one of the valves in it ?), picture in the attachment, [IMG]C:\ARTWORX\Jolly Roger\carb.jpg[/IMG]or something else.
PLEASE need urgent help, am in the middle of MOZ with the closest shops in South Africa 600Km away, would need to arrange someone to collect for me

Many Regards

Larry

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-10, 01:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check the check valves in the primer assembly, check the fuel lines for cracks and pinholes, and make sure the primer has no pinholes or cracks as well.

Old 03-15-10, 12:27 PM
ThanX, have checked to the best of my ability, feul lines are ok, no pin holes/ cracks, the valave assy is made od bakelite/plastic and looks fine, what i dis notice is that the feul retrn to tank expels and suck,when i push the bubble down then block the purge it stays down and only releases when i take my finger away?? thats why i thought the little valves might be faulty, as i dont know the sequence of these valves, i dont know what to look for, and damn they are so tiny.
Regards

Old 03-16-10, 12:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It should only push fuel through the return line and suck fuel in from the supply line. The valves are not working properly. Sometimes you can flush them with carb cleaner and compressed air to get them working again.

Old 03-19-10, 02:49 AM
ThanX again, problem not solved, will have to try and source this part somewhere, here it's not possible and in SA they will only sell me a complet Carb @ about R 1800.00 / 8 = $225.00 but am sure to come right

Many Regards to all, and thanX for a great site with lots of help

Larry