Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stihl FS90 bogs down

03-21-10, 10:38 AM   #1  
Stihl FS90 bogs down

I've just started up my Stihl FS90 trimmer for the first time this year. It starts easily enough, but when I give it full throttle, it tends to bog down, even to the point of stopping. What is wrong?

Sponsored Links

Non-US

03-21-10, 01:23 PM   #2  
Pull the exhaust & make sure it's not pluged... If it's O.K You could try to open the lo jet 1/8 turn if you can & try it,, but you probably will need to put a complete kit in the carb as the diaghragms get stiff with age & from sitting & they can't properly meeter the fuel.....Roger

03-21-10, 02:47 PM   #3  
Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestions. I should have mentioned that this is only the 2nd season for this machine, so nearly new. I wouldn't think aging would be a factor yet.

AL

03-21-10, 02:57 PM   #4  
Before doing any adjusting or repair---Make sure your gasoline is FRESH!

Non-US

03-21-10, 08:16 PM   #5  
If it's only the second year,, What is the warranty on Stihl?? Check into it... Giles is right,, make sure the fuel is fresh... Todays gas is a killer on these small engines, but if you have a blended fuel in your area & the fresh fuel doesen't help,,, I'm still betting a carb kit to fix it.... Roger

Search this Thread