Murray Mower Mayhem

Old 03-25-10, 05:48 PM
Murray Mower Mayhem

Hi All, It's my first time posting a question so be gentle on me.
I'm a Yank living in Australia where I just purchased a second hand Murray ride on mower model number 30560X20E. I was told it was a 2001 model but just found out it's more like 1996.
I tried it out on flat land when I bought it and nearly killed myself when I got it back home on some hilly property. No brakes. As far as I can understand, this model has it's brake pads in the transmission unlike near models I could find manuals for. Does anyone know the procedure to fixing these.
If I take it to a repair shop here, I'm quoted hundreds of dollars. I have already taken a beating on purchasing this unit from a liar. Can you help?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-10, 08:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you see a small brake disk where the brake linkage connects to the side of the tranny? If so, you should be able to adjust the brakes right there by tightening the 1/2" nut where the brake lever mounts to the side. Just tighten it a few turns and test it, and continue until you either have no more adjustment or you have brakes. If you run out of adjustment, the brake pucks need replacing.