Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh Carburator linkage

AL

03-27-10, 11:15 AM   #1  
Tecumseh Carburator linkage

I am going to attempt to clean a Tecumseh carburator, taken from a Yardman 13 hp lawn mower. OHV130 Tecumseh. I am down to one connection, a piece of linkage from the carb. to somewhere else. I cant figure how to get this piece off. It is not the choke linkage, located on the outside of the carb. But between the motor and the carb. Governor linkage, possibly ? Just from feeling and observing, I can see no way of disconnecting this linkage, short of clipping it off with some side cutters. It appears to be pressed on, on both ends. I am a little mechanically challenged, but not afraid to try. This is all leading to more questions, eventually.

Sponsored Links

NH

03-27-10, 11:55 AM   #2  
The ends of the linkage should be either a Z shaped or a J shape. Usually you have to get everything else diconnected from the carb and twist the carb to remove the linkages. All linkages are removeable. Make sure you take pics of the linkages to get them back in the correct hole or at least put a scratch next to the hole.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-27-10, 11:55 AM   #3  
It has a hook at both ends. You remove the carb and tilt it to unhook it. Do not cut it. Take a digital camera and take close up pictures of the linkages so you can remember how to reconnect them when you start putting it back together.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CO

03-27-10, 12:06 PM   #4  
All of the serviceable parts for this carb are part of the fuel bowl assy. There is no need to remove the carb from the engine only the bowl. Just remove the bowl bail wire and the bowl will drop off. Than just replace the entire bowl assy. That is the most cost effective way to rebuild this carb. Post the spec number and I can tell you the part number.

AJ

AL

03-27-10, 12:56 PM   #5  
All of the serviceable parts for this carb are part of the fuel bowl assy. There is no need to remove the carb from the engine only the bowl. Just remove the bowl bail wire and the bowl will drop off. Than just replace the entire bowl assy. That is the most cost effective way to rebuild this carb. Post the spec number and I can tell you the part number.

AJ

OHV130 206820B

So, this linkage doesn't need to be removed ? In order to remove the bowl, how does the bowl wire come off ? And the contraption the bowl is connected to, does it need to be cleaned too ?

I am getting ahead of myself. And cleaning was to be my next question. I was wanting to remove this linkage to clean the whole assembly.

Last edited by Workin Man; 03-27-10 at 12:58 PM. Reason: misspelled a few words

CO

03-27-10, 01:14 PM   #6  
The part number for the bowl kit is:

OEM Tecumseh 730638

After market Oregon 49-237

To remove the bowl remove the fuel line from the bowl and than just pry the bail wire under the bowl off of its catch swing it back & the bowl will come right off.

AJ

AL

03-27-10, 01:23 PM   #7  
Thank you AJ, and all who responded.
Do you think it would be wise to replace the fuel filter and fuel line too ?

Looking to extend the life of a 13 year old mower, as cheaply as possible. I understand that some times, spending a little more now will save a lot more later.

CO

03-27-10, 02:13 PM   #8  
I would replace the fuel filter. I would replace the fuel line if it seemed hard & cracked.

AJ

Search this Thread