Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper Lawn Mower Troubles

AR

03-29-10, 04:46 PM   #1  
Snapper Lawn Mower Troubles

I have a SR 1030 Snapper Riding mower, 10 HP, that will not start. I have checked the battery and charge is good. I am getting nothing from attempting to start/no fire, no current running to starter (electric start). I have checked everything I think it could be and would appreciate any help you might give me.

PJELAE

Sponsored Links

Non-US

03-29-10, 06:03 PM   #2  
How did you test the battery?? With a load tester or only a volt meter??? Batteries can have a static charge & look OK with volts,, But when you put a load on them,, they can't deliver any current,,, Tell us how you tested it & we'll go from there... Roger

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-30-10, 12:34 AM   #3  
Assuming the battery is good, check for 12 volts on the solenoid trigger wire plugged onto the side of the solenoid while trying to start.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AR

03-31-10, 05:06 PM   #4  
Posted By: hopkinsr2 How did you test the battery?? With a load tester or only a volt meter??? Batteries can have a static charge & look OK with volts,, But when you put a load on them,, they can't deliver any current,,, Tell us how you tested it & we'll go from there... Roger
Used the battery to start another lawn mower.

Thanks for the reply

Search this Thread