b&S 42707 type 2238-E1 help

Old 03-30-10, 12:00 PM
b&S 42707 type 2238-E1 help

i bought a yard machine tractor from a guy in my town when i bought it from him he said it needed a coil so i replaced the coil and now it runs but some times i haft to turn the key over a few times before the fly wheel will start to spin. also once it dose start the idle surges but when i bring the throttle up there's no problem with it what so ever i can mow all day long with out any problems with it what so ever but when i take it down to idle then it start to surge agean any idea what i can do to fix theses 2 issues I'm having

the engine in it is a 17 hp twin2 model 42A707 type 2238 E1

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-10, 12:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm no Xpert on this.

But isn't it very likely to be a carburetor problem? My guess is that if you clean the carb, the problem will go away.

But I look forward to an Xpert posting to see if that proves to be a worthwhile guess.

Old 03-30-10, 04:33 PM
Yor problem is the internal passages of the carb are varnished up. First I would buy a can of Seafoam Fuel system cleaner. Add to gas tank per instructions. Start the engine and let it run. Idle it down to where your problem is and let it run for 15 mins at that speed.