Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need advice on my Poulan Pro

03-31-10, 12:48 PM   #1  
Need advice on my Poulan Pro

Hi gang, I have a Poulan Pro lawn tractor model PR1842STB that I bought off a buddy a couple years ago. I had to put it in the shop for some repairs because it wouldn't start. I posted on here last fall, and I believe I was told it sounded like an electrical problem. I called them today and they said the solenoid was bad but once they got it started it was blowing blue smoke and a rod was making a lot of noise. He said I would need a new engine . Is there any cheaper way to fix this, and is it even worth it, or do I (as much as I hate to) go buy another one. I'll have to finance it and my wife and I are trying to get out of debt.
Thanks for the advice
Orbit

Sponsored Links

NH

03-31-10, 05:04 PM   #2  
Shops will tell you that you need a new engine becuase it is cheaper for them to install a new engine than for them to rebuild it. If you know mechanics, you could do it for less than the cost of a new engine.

04-01-10, 06:34 AM   #3  
Unfortunately I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy. A basic diy'er but I'd say this would be at of my realm of ability.

Search this Thread