simplicity legacy

Old 04-06-10, 02:35 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: southeast pennsylvania
Posts: 602
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
simplicity legacy

I have a 2006 27 hp Simplicity Legacy lawn tractor with a Kawasaki engine. I tried to change the oil today and could not find the oil drain plug. The manual shows it to be very close to the oil filter, which I see, but there is no drain plug. Has anyone else had this problem with this machine? I bought it at the end of 2006 and in 2007 and 2008 I had it serviced where I bought it. They stopped servicing lawn tractors after 2008 and in 2009 the oil wasn't changed. I could take it to another service center but I already have the parts and it really shouldn't be this big of a problem. Thank you.

Old 04-06-10, 08:48 PM
SeattlePioneer's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 4,469
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'm guessing that you are looking for a recessed plug you'd remove with just a 3/8" or 1/2" extension ---- no socket.

That recess might easily get filled up with grass debris and be hard to see.

So I'd look carefully again, perhaps hosing off the bottom of the deck and probing any likely spot with a screwdriver to find the recess.

They can be easy to miss, is my experience on other mowers.
Old 04-07-10, 12:42 AM
cheese's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 15,987
Received 146 Upvotes on 135 Posts
Many Kawasaki engines have either a rubber hose that drops down under the mower frame with a plug in the end, or a brass valve with a 10mm head that you loosen to open the drain.
Old 04-07-10, 04:37 AM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NE Okla
Posts: 383
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Some have the drain where you push a hose over the tip, push, turn and pull out to drain.
Old 04-27-13, 01:25 PM
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
it is on the opposite side from the filter. It is a brass appearing valve that takes a 10mm socket with a mid length extension. it is just inside the frame on left side as your sitting on the tractor. the oil drains out a rubber hose attached to the valve

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: