Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

WeedEater WT3100 wheeled trimmer

TX

04-18-10, 05:17 PM   #1  
WeedEater WT3100 wheeled trimmer

I am in need of assistance in removing the cutting head assembly from my WT3100 trimmer. I am replacing the clutch housing and discovered the cutting head has been banged up pretty bad so thought I'd better replace it too. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the darn thing off. There is a nut that appears to be part of the dust cup but it would seem I'd need a special wrench to get to it between the shield and cutting head.
Any suggestions?? The parts I am replacing are (page B part 60) and (page C part 41) on the following...
Weed Eater WT3100 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

Sponsored Links

NC

04-30-11, 11:30 AM   #2  
I am having the same problem need help in replacing cutting head, pls help> I am a woman, no man has been able to help me>>

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-30-11, 07:46 PM   #3  
On page C, I believe part #38 has a notch or hole in it. Line this up with the hole in the shaft and insert a screwdriver or allen wrench to keep the shaft from turning, then unscrew the head. I think some have no notch or hole, they have flats for a wrench to hold onto to keep the shaft from turning.

Hope that helps. Been a long time since I worked on one of these.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread