Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs and Stratton Model #s

VA

04-20-10, 05:46 PM   #1  
Briggs and Stratton Model #s

I want to replace the carb on my Craftsman tiller which has a 5.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine. The label on the engine says "Family YBSXS.2061HC" followed by "274679", which I assume is the model number. Any list of Briggs models that I have been able to find online does not contain anything in the 274000 model range. Am I looking in the wrong place, either on the engine or online?

Sponsored Links

MO

04-20-10, 07:11 PM   #2  
Posted By: outalevel I want to replace the carb on my Craftsman tiller which has a 5.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine. The label on the engine says "Family YBSXS.2061HC" followed by "274679", which I assume is the model number. Any list of Briggs models that I have been able to find online does not contain anything in the 274000 model range. Am I looking in the wrong place, either on the engine or online?
Normally the model, type and code are stamped on the metal shroud just above the sparkplug, sometimes on a tag by the muffler. Have a good one. Geo

NH

04-20-10, 07:52 PM   #3  
Since it is a Craftsman, if you can find the model number of the tiller, which will look like xxx.xxxxxx, you can go here.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...20080114x00001

Just click on the engine section. Gives part numbers and the Sears price.

Search this Thread