Fairly New Honda Lawnmower won't start

Old 04-22-10, 05:11 PM
Unhappy Fairly New Honda Lawnmower won't start

Hi Out there,
This is my 1st posting. I have a fairly new Honda Lawnmower, maybe 4 years old. A year and a half ago I hired a gardener because of my work load. Last week I had to let the gardener go. At 1st I was pretty carefull about keeping the lawnmower covered up. It's been kept outside, and during the yesr and a half it's been rained on quite a bit, and will not even come close to starting. Doe's anyone have advise on how to go about doing whats needed to get this thing running again.
I did not turn the gas off and run the carb. dry when I last used it. I plan on replacing the spark plug today, and then if needed take the carb. off and spray carb. cleaner in it. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-10, 05:33 PM
New spark plug,(Champion) drain the old gas out & start with fresh gas. Gas goes stale in 30 days. Dump the old gas in you car's gas tank. It will mix with the new gas and burn.

Old 04-22-10, 10:08 PM
I have had and now have a Honda lawnmower and this is one of the only problems I have ever had with the Honda. The carb is a weak spot on them. If you are going to let it sit for over 2 weeks then you need to turn off the gas and run the carb dry.