Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

exmark metro transmission issue

MI

04-24-10, 09:33 AM   #1  
exmark metro transmission issue

My lawnmower started throwing the drive belt and I found that the transmission shaft bearing is bad allowing the shaft and pulley to wobble. Is this something I can get the parts for and repair or do I need to replace the tranny?

Sponsored Links

NH

04-24-10, 10:51 AM   #2  
Please post model number of the mower.

MI

04-26-10, 05:10 PM   #3  
Posted By: indypower1 Please post model number of the mower.
Sorry for missing the obvious:

MD: MHP5216BV
SER: 161996

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-27-10, 12:54 AM   #4  
The bearings should be available. You probably also have damage to the input shaft of the tranny as well. You'll have to open it up and see what damage exists and go from there.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

04-27-10, 04:58 AM   #5  
Posted By: cheese The bearings should be available. You probably also have damage to the input shaft of the tranny as well. You'll have to open it up and see what damage exists and go from there.
my son opened it up and the shaft appears to be fine but there is a clip that appears to retain the bearing in the housing. There are no "ears" to grab to remove it. I am not sure if they used to be there but were damage by the wobblng shaft or if there is some other way of removing the clip. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-27-10, 10:48 PM   #6  
I suspect what you are seeing is the ridge of the needle bearing race which probably presses or drives in/out.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

04-28-10, 04:34 AM   #7  
Posted By: cheese I suspect what you are seeing is the ridge of the needle bearing race which probably presses or drives in/out.
Thanks, I will check that out.

Search this Thread