Which spark plug for Husqvarna 128ld

Old 04-24-10, 08:07 PM
Which spark plug for Husqvarna 128ld

Hey,
I am a bit confused. My owners manual says to use an RJC-6Y but the manual I downloaded from Husqvarna's site says RJC-8Y. The plug I took out that was factory installed was an 8Y. Anyone know what this thing really uses?
Any hep will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-10, 08:37 PM
RJC8Y is the correct plug. This is 1 heat range hotter than the 6 is. Could have been changed due to problems in the feild.

Old 04-25-10, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the answer on that. Bought one and installed it. Have not tried it yet but will later today. Saw one made by E3 that covered 6Y and 8Y that had a lifetime warranty. Said it gave more power, better economy, sounded too good to be true but got one for $5.99 to try later. For now Champion 8Y is going in.
Thanks again,
Rob

Old 04-25-10, 05:34 PM
Well Indypower, I hope you are still out there. i changed plugs and put fresh fuel in and the dang thing bogs down on acceleration and has to be run with 1/2 choke though it still bucks a bunch. Yesterday it ran fine. Took muffler off, no carbon, good and clean. Tried another plug and same thing. Almost like fuel is way way too lean. It would bog some last year on acceleration from idle but not all the time. Been getting a little worse till today when it went full overboard.

any ideas? Tank vent clogged? Will check fuel filter and it has Zama carb. Still under warranty if I can find receipt from Lowes so may look for dealer tomorrow but would like to know what to suggest.

Thanks as always,
Rob