Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

22 HP Intek Briggs and Stratton issues

IN

04-25-10, 06:05 PM   #1  
22 HP Intek Briggs and Stratton issues

I bought a Craftsman riding mower with a 22hp Intek on it. The previous owner had bought it new. He had some sort of problem with the engine and said he shut it off and called Sears out to look at it. By what he was telling me at the time, I figured it was going to have a broken rod. It had been taken apart by the repair guys. They has taken the head off of the #1 cylinder and told him it would be about $300.00 to fix it with no guarantee that it wouldn't go bad again. He decided to but a new one. I took it apart today and everything seems to be ok. It seems to have good compression turning it over by hand, first with the #1 head off and then I put the head on and it increased. The one thing I found was there were no pushrods for the #1 cylinder in the engine. I'm thinking maybe they got bent, causing the problem he had with it. I'm undecided on just putting new pushrods in or taking the pistons out to check the rings. I don't hear any noise when I turn it over, like a rod being noisy. Engine inside is very clean, just like new.

Engine numbers are:
0607 E2
050108 G

Thanks for any advice on this

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-26-10, 12:17 AM   #2  
Who knows. If neither cylinder is blown, put it together and see what kind of shape it's in. Check valve operation. I would suspect one of the valves got stuck and bent a pushrod like you suspect.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IN

05-20-10, 12:19 PM   #3  
Briggs intek wiring question

Hi,

Well I found a complete Briggs intek engine ready to bolt on. I will put the other one together later. My question is the original tractor engine has a 6 pin connector(5 pins have wires and one pin is open). The engine I replaced it with has 2 dual pin connectors. Is there a chart somewhere That I could lool up to figure out which wire needs to go where?

Here are the replacement engine numbers:
0124-E1
000908YG

Thank you

Search this Thread