Tecumseh 6 HP won't run

Old 04-29-10, 07:58 PM
Tecumseh 6 HP won't run

Could someone give me some advice on the carbuerator settings for a 6 HP Tecumseh engine that I is on my Troy Bilt roto tiller? I tried to set the power adjustment screw as stated in the book (one complete counterclockwise)
but it does not say to much about where the others screw adjustments should be set.

The engine will start but dies out shortly after starting. This is my first time to try and get it going this spring. After it did not start initially, I drained the gas and put in fresh but that only let it run for a few seconds more. Another thing that I noticed is that there was gas dripping from the air cleaner but I do not know what would have caused that or what to change so that does not occur.

Any suggestion that you could give me would be greatly appreciated!! As you can tell from my questions, I am fairly clueless about this stuff.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-10, 08:34 PM
Intial settings are 1-1/2 turns out from lightly seated on both screws. Fine tune each while running turning 1/8 turn at a time.

Starting & dieing along with gas spewing means its time for a carb cleaning & rebuilding.