Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Transaxle Trouble

TX

04-30-10, 09:56 PM   #1  
Transaxle Trouble

Hello everyone,
I bought a craftsman 917273220 with the 163198 transaxle in it knowing that for some reason it had stoped moving under its own power. The previous ownser stated he heard a pop then no more movement. This particular Transaxle is 1400.00 dollars. I am not sure if i can purchase parts for it or if i have to replace the thing. I am not savy when it comes to hydrostatic transaxles however, i am somewhat mechanically inclined if you will. I removed the hydro static pump from the mowe and spun the drive pulley with my hand and it turns good and i can hear it pumping. I then remved the coupler which connects it to the transaxle its self. The coupler seems to be stripped on the side with the fine threads. It attaches it the brake shaft there i guess this is where the input to drive the transaxle is fed? any ways does anyone know if i can replace that shaft and coupler only? Also i noted that the oil look great untill i got into this area of the transaxle it now looks red and clumpy if you will. Almost rusty. Thanks for taking the time to read my babble and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-02-10, 12:34 AM   #2  
Look up the needed parts here and you can get the part numbers needed to make an order. The unit is a hydro-gear.
http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/hydrogea...10L_163198.pdf

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread