Fuel Bowel over feels when mower is off

Old 05-15-10, 12:07 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fuel Bowel over feels when mower is off

I have MTD bolens 15.5 hp 38" rider, when you turn off the tractor the fuel continues to go into the fuel bowel untill it leaks out of the air filter

Old 05-15-10, 12:22 PM
Most likely cause is that your float in the carb is stuck and leaving the needle open. The float is designed to rise and seat the needle causing the fuel to stop flowing into the carb bowl. Take off the bowl and check proper operation of the float (see that it moves up and down freely). If the engine is old, a carb rebuild kit (last one I purchased was $11.00) will generally solve your problem.

Old 05-15-10, 12:26 PM
While you're doing the, install an in-line gas shut off.

Old 05-16-10, 03:56 PM
T
Originally Posted by blu_twstd_steel
Most likely cause is that your float in the carb is stuck and leaving the needle open. The float is designed to rise and seat the needle causing the fuel to stop flowing into the carb bowl. Take off the bowl and check proper operation of the float (see that it moves up and down freely). If the engine is old, a carb rebuild kit (last one I purchased was $11.00) will generally solve your problem.
In addition and possibly aleviating need for a rebuild kit if the metering pin (looks like a little plumb bob) connected to the float is solid aluminum , end to end with no rubberized tip, electrolysis could occur causing corrosion on the metering pin ,impeading its ability to seat properly. If you have a Dremmel tool with a buffing wheel and a lil' tub of their red rouge polishing compound , try polishing it which will allow it to seat again...also lightly ream the seat for said pin with a welders tip cleaner... an $11.00 repair is certainly cheap... But a no cost repair is even cheaper

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: