Craftsman 32cc Weedwacker p2

Old 05-06-10, 02:12 PM
Craftsman 32cc Weedwacker p2

This is supposed to be easy start with just two pulls on the rope, but I cannot get the thing to start. I've' filled the primer as directed (10 pushes) and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this "easy start" trimmer going?

Thanks,

Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-10, 07:05 PM
The Easy Start is only relative - they compare it to push starting a bull dozer..... by hand.

How old is the trimmer, Paul? If it's just a year or two old and you haven't gotten it started at all, pull the plug, dump all the gas out of the tank, hold the throttle wide open and pull the sucker over about fifteen times.

Then put a tablespoon of fuel/oil mix down the plug hole, shake it around, pull the starter rope a couple of times - then stick a good plug back in it and with half throttle see if it will fire. It may take a few pulls if this is the first start of the year.

If you don't get a try to fire at all,disconnect the kill wire from the switch, put a good plug in the plug wire, ground the plug and check for spark when you pull the rope. It's easier to see in a dark garage or after dark.

If you do get fire, put the gas back in it, and only prime a couple of times, then with half throttle, see if it'll take off for you.

Hopefully you'll be wacking up a storm on your next post.

Old 05-06-10, 07:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You probably checked, but just had to ask. Switch in the on position? Choke lever set?

Old 05-14-10, 11:56 AM
Thanks,

Just had a chance to get back at this. I followed your suggestions and it started on the second pull. No more excuses for not trimming.

Paul