Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weed Eater not starting

CA

05-12-10, 04:25 PM   #1  
Weed Eater not starting

It did sit for outside and possibly got wet. I took out the bad spark plug and cranked it several times to clean out the cylinder. I replaced the bad spark plug, still didn't start. I replaced the old gas with new, still nothing. I just went in and took out the fuel filter, still nothing. It's a poulan p1500 and it's not starting, any ideas?

The fuel mixture could be bad, my mom mixed it and said she didn't know what she was doing, the gas smells like gas, and not that weird bug smell that I usually get from the 2-cycle gas. Could a bad mix ratio cause it to not start at all?

Last edited by hurricane.ditka; 05-12-10 at 04:50 PM.

Sponsored Links

Non-US

05-12-10, 05:50 PM   #2  
You don't say if you have spark or not... Do you??? Pull the muffler to check the condition of the sleave & piston to see if they're serviceable....If so, make sure the bolts around the cylinder are tight... If they're O.k, than check the fuel lines,, If they're rotton they need replacement... If all is well or the fuel lines are rotton,, I'm thinking the carb needs an Overhaul & a repair kit put into it.... Roger

CA

05-12-10, 08:27 PM   #3  
yeah, the spark is fine. i checked the fuel lines, exhaust, and air filter. all are fine. I pulled most of it apart today, and it looked okay. the carb seemed to have some deposits on it, but would that cause a no-start? I would assume it would start and run poorly.

Non-US

05-12-10, 09:45 PM   #4  
If the carb had deposits in it,,, then you're likley in need of a good cleaning & a kit,.. I bet the diaghraghms are too stiff to work properly & re-kitting it will get you going again,, (after cleaning the carb),,,, Roger

Search this Thread