Troy Bilt String Trimmer Dies

Old 05-13-10, 07:57 AM
Troy Bilt String Trimmer Dies

I have a Troy Bilt, Model TB70SS, string trimmer with a Zama Carburetor, I can't see all the numbers on the carb, but it Does have a C1Q. The other numbers are only visible if you take the carb off and hold it to the light just right. It quit running so I replaced the diaphragm and the gasket on the other side of the carb with new ones and replaced all the fuel lines (they were disintegrating). Now I can get the thing started but it only runs if I keep my finger over the carb and close it more than half way. The way this carb is built I can't see any adjustment. If it had a regular choke plate, rather than that stupid flip tab thing, I could just run it choked.

I'm getting desperate. I lost my dog when she walked over to a tree. She couldn't find her way back through the grass. It was real scary there for a while.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-10, 10:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You have something clogging the carb. It needs to be disassembled and cleaned with carburetor cleaner.

Old 05-14-10, 04:56 AM
I was trying to pretend that I didn't have to and you would have another answer. Unfortunately, no matter what else, I have to do a carb overhaul. Thanks to ethanol, these things get trashed yearly. I'm afraid its tiny pieces of fuel line that was rotted and disintegrating.

Thanks again,

Scott