Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Where is my oil?

ME

05-13-10, 01:00 PM   #1  
Where is my oil?

Hi! I have an MTD yardmachine, model number 11A-084E029. It's been in storage for awhile and my roommates and I are trying to get it up and running. Problem is, my landlord threw out the manual it came with and the one I found on the yardmachine website doesn't tell me where the oil is stored. Weird? Yes. In the manual it shows where the dipstick is on a model that is similar to ours. Except on ours there is no dipstick, just a tube that says fill on the top part of the opening and drain on the bottom part of the opening.

I'm not even sure where the oil drain is on it...

I'm pretty new to this small engine stuff. As if ya couldn't tell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

OK

05-13-10, 01:06 PM   #2  
Does it say on the motor if it is a Briggs & Stratton, or a Tecumseh?
Post the make and model numbers of the motor, or,
post the model and serial number of the unit itself, should be somewhere under the seat.

just a tube that says fill on the top part of the opening and drain on the bottom part of the opening.
Sounds like you are missing the dipstick, the drain at the bottom is to drain the oil,
if we know the motor,we can tell how much oil it holds,
hth,

NH

05-13-10, 04:53 PM   #3  
Yor pushmower has a Briggs & Stratton 500 series 158CC engine. There is no dipstick on it. Just a cap plug. Looks like the yellow one in the pick. (your is most likely black). Located at the base of the engine.

Jacks Small Engines Search

Search this Thread