Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cycling Blower Motor

WA

05-14-10, 10:08 AM   #1  
Cycling Blower Motor

I have a Homelite blower I bought about 2 years ago. Ever since I bought it, it does this weird thing. I'll start it up and it will run great for about 2 minutes. After that, it starts cycling up and down, up and down. Like I'm twisting the throttle (if it had one) back and forth. I can shake the back pack portion up and down, and it will stop for about 10 seconds, then it starts right back up. The only thing I can see is that there are a lot of air bubbles in the gas tank, and it looks as though when these gas bubbles get to be too much, it slows the engine until they go away, and then cycles back up again. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Teejeaux

Sponsored Links

MO

05-14-10, 05:52 PM   #2  
Posted By: Teejeaux I have a Homelite blower I bought about 2 years ago. Ever since I bought it, it does this weird thing. I'll start it up and it will run great for about 2 minutes. After that, it starts cycling up and down, up and down. Like I'm twisting the throttle (if it had one) back and forth. I can shake the back pack portion up and down, and it will stop for about 10 seconds, then it starts right back up. The only thing I can see is that there are a lot of air bubbles in the gas tank, and it looks as though when these gas bubbles get to be too much, it slows the engine until they go away, and then cycles back up again. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Teejeaux
Sounds like the fuel cap may not be venting, try running it with the cap loose and if that helps, replace the cap. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread