Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sears Mower Blades Engagement Cable...

ME

05-23-10, 05:39 AM   #1  
Sears Mower Blades Engagement Cable...

Ok...

Sears model 917.276813

OEM Part #175067 (*Clutch Cable)

The "Clutch Cable" that engages/disengages the mower blades has broken.

I can not get a grip on how to go about getting at this thing with removing the steering assembly and entire housing.

Maybe I am looking at this thing wrong???

Any help would be great. THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-23-10, 11:49 PM   #2  
It just unhooks from the engagement arm, squeeze the tabs together to get it loose from the bracket under the dash and pull it out, unclip it from the deck and unhook the spring and it's out. It's a 5 minute job.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

ME

05-25-10, 08:43 AM   #3  
Posted By: cheese It just unhooks from the engagement arm, squeeze the tabs together to get it loose from the bracket under the dash and pull it out, unclip it from the deck and unhook the spring and it's out. It's a 5 minute job.
Ok, I have a mechanical engineering degree, so excuse the "ignorance"... I could design this thing, but GETTING to is another thing. I don't see anyway to physically get to the cable under the dash to squeeze the tabs together.

Is there "interferance" to remove first, or just do a squeeze play??? ha ha ha THanks for your input Cheese

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-25-10, 07:05 PM   #4  
Some models have a gas tank in the way and you can take the two tank bolts out to gain better access. That's about it. I just work my arm in there with a pair of pliers after removing the tank on models with the tank under the dash.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

ME

05-26-10, 08:43 AM   #5  
Posted By: cheese Some models have a gas tank in the way and you can take the two tank bolts out to gain better access. That's about it. I just work my arm in there with a pair of pliers after removing the tank on models with the tank under the dash.
Thanks, I figured out that removing the tank would gain me access. Your input is greated with many thanks!

Greg

Search this Thread