Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere F1145 Front Mower

TX

05-23-10, 12:57 PM   #1  
John Deere F1145 Front Mower

I have a Deere F1145 front mower. The hydraulics will not lift the front mower up or down. The shift lever will not move the hydraulic valve in or out. The problem has been getting progressively worse since mowing season started here in Texas a month ago. This also happened one time before and it costs me $350 for a trip to the JD dealer. I really would like to avoid that again if I could. .Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-23-10, 11:34 PM   #2  
Is the valve rusted on the portion you can see outside the mower? Beyond that, I don't know... if the valve is stuck and not rusted, it could be something inside.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

05-24-10, 01:02 PM   #3  
No, there is no rust or corrosion and the valve can turn around it's axis in place. just can't slide in or out of the control valve body to actuate the front mower deck. Since it built up over a months time, my gut feeling it some kind of leak inside the control valve body that it preventing it from traveling back into the 'raise' position. Just like you can not compress water, i think that the valve is trying to move against fluid in the body. I need to think of some way to relieve the fluid preventing the movemement of the valve.

Search this Thread