John Deere F1145 Front Mower

Old 05-23-10, 12:57 PM
John Deere F1145 Front Mower

I have a Deere F1145 front mower. The hydraulics will not lift the front mower up or down. The shift lever will not move the hydraulic valve in or out. The problem has been getting progressively worse since mowing season started here in Texas a month ago. This also happened one time before and it costs me $350 for a trip to the JD dealer. I really would like to avoid that again if I could. .Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-10, 11:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is the valve rusted on the portion you can see outside the mower? Beyond that, I don't know... if the valve is stuck and not rusted, it could be something inside.

Old 05-24-10, 01:02 PM
No, there is no rust or corrosion and the valve can turn around it's axis in place. just can't slide in or out of the control valve body to actuate the front mower deck. Since it built up over a months time, my gut feeling it some kind of leak inside the control valve body that it preventing it from traveling back into the 'raise' position. Just like you can not compress water, i think that the valve is trying to move against fluid in the body. I need to think of some way to relieve the fluid preventing the movemement of the valve.