weedwacker

Old 05-24-10, 05:27 PM
weedwacker

I have a bolens bl100 weed wacker only 3 years old won't start. When i pump the bulb I can see bubbles coming up in the gas tank. I get no gas to the bulb. If i remove the line with the filter at the carb. gas comes right down. checked the other lines all clear. removed carb but didn't open it. used carb cleaner to blow out what i could. Still when I pump bulb no gas comes to it. I'm sure no gas is the reason it won't even try to start. could the carb have a clog inside. Also how would I check for a spark at the plug. Thanks Martin

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-10, 12:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like you need to open the carb and clean it out. Also check the fuel lines and primer for cracks and pinholes. To check for spark, take the plug out, make sure it is touching metal on the engine, and pull the rope while watching for spark at the plug electrode.

Old 05-26-10, 03:35 AM
sometimes it is hard to hold the plug on metal and pull it at same time because of all the plastic shrouding and you could get a good bite from the spark, I use a jumper wire to ground the plug it is easier.

Old 05-29-10, 12:55 PM
cleaned carb

I took the carb apart and gave it a complete cleaning. When I removed the back cover held on by four screws there was what appeared to be some sort of cloth like diaphragm. this had two tears in it. Upon reassembling the carb and putting it back I still get no gas when pumping the bulb. There aren't any visable breaks in any of the lines. any suggestions

Old 05-29-10, 01:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You put the torn diaphragm back in???

Old 05-29-10, 02:30 PM
I wasn't sure if the torn diaphragm was causing the no gas situation or not so I tried it. Could that be the problem. Is there a rebuild kit for that carb. and where to get it. Martin

Old 05-29-10, 03:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The torn diaphragm will definitely affect the carb operation. Get the carb make and numbers and you can find rebuild kits online and at your local small engine shop.

Old 05-29-10, 04:35 PM
torn diaphragm

could the torn diaphragm cause the bulb not to pump any gas or do I have another issue. Martin

Old 05-29-10, 05:05 PM
yes it could..........................

Search this Thread